Children’s Outreach Ministries was originally started back in 1939 as “Child Evangelism of Toledo” by the late Waldo and Olive Yeager of west Toledo. The Yeager family had a burden: that each and every child in the greater Toledo & surrounding area would have the opportunity to hear the Gospel Message and trust Jesus as their Savior. Thus was born Child Evangelism of Toledo. With offices in the Stranahan Building in downtown Toledo, Arlene Newcombe of Temperance Michigan served as Director for many years, followed by Ellen Lemke of Monclova. Child Evangelism of Toledo worked closely with Child Evangelism Fellowship, Inc. (CEF) of Warrenton Missouri, an international ministry reaching children in 152 countries around the globe. In 1985, Child Evangelism of Toledo became an official chapter of CEF and was renamed Child Evangelism Fellowship of Greater Toledo.
In 1991 Dennis and Liz Tracy were appointed missionary directors. In 1995 the local committee voted to become an independent ministry, thereby establishing their 501C3 non-profit status. We were renamed Children’s Outreach Ministries, Inc. and remain that way today with the same primary focus Waldo and Olive Yeager had back in 1939: Give each and every child in this area the opportunity to hear the life changing Gospel message of Jesus Christ.